DAY 1 (STOP, LISTEN AND TALK)
1. Show small pictures.
2. Putting pen to paper.
3. Show composite picture.
4. Say out the words in the song “I want to sit, sit, sit”
5. Show actions for the song (Divide them into groups and let them come out with actions.
DAY 2 (PUT ON YOUR READING GLASSES)
1. Refresh what they learnt.
2. Sing the song again.
3. Show picture again and discuss the details.
4. Teacher shows words to pupils.
(JU Training Resources, Demo Lesson, JU Training Resources Reading Activities)
5. Teacher tells the story.
6. Sound the letters.
7. Teacher distributes pictures and words in an envelope.
8. Students match pictures and words.
9. Spell the words and make the sounds.
DAY 3 (PUTTING PEN TO PAPER)
1. Teacher refresh day 2 lesson.
2. Teacher shows the composite picture again (with words).
3. Read the words.
4. Configuration clues.
5. Spell and write.
6. Say, spell and write.
7. Rebus writing.
DAY 4 (LANGUAGE ARTS)
1. Refresh the previous day’s lesson.
2. Pupils recall the lesson again. (Teacher shows composite picture again)
3. Pupils discuss about the story in groups.
4. Group activity (Make finger puppets)
5. Use finger puppets in a song or jazz chant.
6. Suggested activities - books